Association Name: Young Thai Entrepreneurs Association (YTEA)
[Formerly was known as Young Thai Entrepreneurs Club (YTEC)]
December 11, 2001
Headed by Khunying Natthika Wattanavekin (Angubolkul) and 12 others founding members
1. To promote a closer relationship among entrepreneurs within Thailand and abroad.
2. To honor and lift the status of young entrepreneurs at all levels.
3. To standarize business operations and provide support for the community through network development.
4. To encourage conscience and cooperations among entrepreneurs for society's benefit at the national and international levels.
Background of YTEA:
Chinese government aims to strengthen the relationship among Chinese people living in other countries. The government also wants to see this good relationship continue from one generation to another generation. Especially, it wants the younger generation of expatriate Chinese to know more about their home country, China, in order that they can foster the relationship between Thai and China and make it last from generation to another generation.
Hence, in 2001 Chinese government, by the Office of Chinese Expatriates, invited young Chinese entrepreneurs from many countries to visit China. The first batch, comprising 33 young entrepreneurs from ASEAN: Thai, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, and the Philippines, visited China for 10 days, from 1-10 June 2001. Thirteen people of the batch were from Thailand named as follows:
1. Khunying Natthika Wattanavekin Angubolkul -- Chairman of the board and Managing Director of Eastern Sugar Cane Co., Ltd., as Group Leader of the delegations
2. Mr. Chali Sophonpanich -- The President of City Realty Co., Ltd., as Deputy Group Leader
3. Mr. Prasong Owlarn -- Managing Director of OGC Co., Ltd. Group., as Second Deputy Group Leader
4. Mr. Somnuk Kyavatanakij --Director of Tong Hua Communication (Public) Co., Ltd., as Group's Secretary
5. Miss Thitinan Wattanavekin --Chief Financial Officer of Kiatnakin Bank (Public) Co., Ltd., as Deputy Group's Secretary
6. Mr.Soopakij Chearavanont -- Executive of UBC Group of Companies
7. Mr.Trip Ophaswonge --Managing Director of Huay Chuan Co., Ltd.
8. Mr. Chatchai Veerametheekul -- Director of M Thai Group
9. Mr. Nipon Leelasasithorn -- Managing Director of Lee Feed Mill (Public) Co., Ltd.
10. Mr. Chris Chung -- Advisor of Telecom Holding Co., Ltd.
11. Mr. Veerapong Chutipat -- Managing Director of Chinese Cultural and Languae Institute
12. Ms. Aim-orn Owlan -- Director of OGC Co., Ltd.
13. Ms. Preechaya Leelasithorn -- Director of Wall Street Tower
Following the formation of then YTEC, the 13 founding members also invited a group of respected elders to be the Club's Senior Advisors, as follows:
- Mr. Chatri Sophonpanich, Chairman of Bangkok Bank Limited
- Mr. Dhanin Chearavanont, Chairman of C.P. Group
- Mrs. Chansamorn Wattanavekin, Chairperson of Kiatnakin Group
- Mr. Smarn Ophawongse, Chairman of Huay Chuan Group
- Mr. Songsakdi Owlarn, Chairman of OGC Group
- Mr. Visith Leelasithorn, Chairman of Lee Feedmill Plc.
- Mr. Suchai Virametheekul, Chairman of M Thai Group
- Mrs. Kalayanee Kyavatanakij, Chairman of Tong Hua Communication Plc.
These young entrepreneurs of the first batch from Thailand are famous in Thailand business sphere. They have adopted businesses from their parents and have made them prosperous, strengthening the economy of the country.
The representatives of Chinese government who welcomed the first batch of the invited entrepreneurs were:
1. H.E. Mr. Qian Qi Chen -- Deputy Prime Minister
2. H.E. Mr. Guo Tong Bo -- Director of Overseas Chinese Affair Office to the State Council
3. H.E. Mr. Jin So Bing -- Chairman of Trade Federation and Commerce
4. H.E. Gun Si Yiu -- Chairman of Overseas Chinese Federation of People Republic of China
5. H.E. Li Luo Gu -- Deputy Governor of Chinese Central Bank
6. H.E. Luo Hao Chai -- Deputy Advisory Chairman of Chinese Parliament
7. H.E. Liu Gu Chang -- Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
8. H.E. Yu Xiao Song -- Chairman of Chamber of International Trade
9. Madam Lin Wen Yi -- Deputy Mayor of Beijing City
The visit aimed to foster the relationship in the aspects of commerce, industry, and tradition. The batch was warmly welcomed everywhere by the host, obtaining good impression and creating new hope for the future.